The MMS Student Information Platform offers an extensive Massachusetts State Reporting solution designed to fulfill the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) requirements. This includes SIMS, EPIMS, and MA SIF-compliant reporting. In addition to providing complete student information management software solutions, MMS provides real-time access to district, school, and student information. MMS is complemented by an emergency notification system, cafeteria, and visitor management systems to streamline student information management. MMS has been awarded SIF 2.7 Certification by the Schools Interoperability Framework™ (SIF) Association, conforming to the SIF 2 Enabled Application product standard by the Schools Interoperability Framework Association (SIFA).
Massachusetts SIMS and EPIMS
SIMS-certified since 1999, MMS offers the solution to meet the DESE’s SIMS and EPIMS requirements, featuring:
- Easy to use Massachusetts-specific edit screens.
- Predefined pick lists for quick selection of State required codes.
- Import routine for student SASIDs and staff MEPIDs provided to you by the state.
- SIMS export operation to generate: SPED Export File, MSR File, MCAS Score Request File, SSRS File, Student Claiming & Student Unclaiming File, Student Course Schedule, Incident Report File, Student Discipline Report File, and more.
- EPIMS export operation for: MEPID Request/Lookup, MEPID Verification, Staff Roster, Work Assignment, and more.
MA SIF Certified
Computer Resources, developer of the MMS Student Information Platform, has recently been awarded four stars in the Massachusetts District Vendor SIF Performance Ratings report. In 2014, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) awarded the MMS software suite its state certification for the Schools Interoperability Framework™ (SIF). Computer Resources as a leading vendor in SIF reporting within the US. MMS has been certified through the DESE for version 2.0r1, and in April 2015 earned Massachusetts certification for SIF 2.7.
According to William A. Holscher, the State SIF Program Manager, the “Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is first to deploy a true enterprise wide event driven, real-time, SIF Framework which will be used by districts for state data reporting. The real time integration with Student Claiming, Edwin Analytics and Edwin Teaching and Learning provides both functional and technical value to SIF Districts.”
In keeping with Computer Resources’ commitment to make it easy to use student data to improve outcomes, this certification is a benchmark for both the State of Massachusetts and Massachusetts schools. The innovative dashboards, resources, and educational interventions that the DESE is developing depend on good, clean data and a dependable SIS to provide real-time communication between school districts and DESE systems. Computer Resources embeds data safeguards into its system so that all student data is cleansed and formatted automatically to support a broad range of states’ electronic data reporting efforts.
Specifically, the Massachusetts program will reduce or eliminate duplicate data entry, saving time and making it easier for school administrators and educators to gather the information they need to make informed decisions.
“We know that there are two sides to state data reporting projects,” says Mike Bronder, Group Vice President for Computer Resources. “Districts and charter schools need to have data normalization built into an easy to use workflow while states need that data to be perfect when it arrives for use in these complex systems. Massachusetts made a big commitment to its school districts when they promised this project, and we are very proud to be among the first student information systems to be certified.”
About Schools Interoperability Framework:
The Schools Interoperability Framework Association (SIFA) is a non-profit organization made up of software publishers like Computer Resources, school districts, state educational organizations, and others committed to improving the process of education in the US. The goal of the SIF initiative is to enable diverse software applications to share data without the need for expensive customized programming within each school district and to deliver accurate information to school and district personnel when and where it is needed.
About Computer Resources:
Computer Resources has been a trusted and leading provider of technology infrastructures for K-12 schools since 1978. They provide a wide range of tools and services to create a healthy and organized school that can stay focused on student and teacher performance. Their modular systems give teachers, parents, administrators and students access to the data and resources necessary to ensure that everyone has what they need to create outstanding educational environments.
The MMS Student Information Platform
Save Time, Streamline Workflow, Keep Everyone Informed:
• Backed by three decades of expertise, the MMS Student Information Platform is the SIS of choice for hundreds of Massachusetts schools.
• MMS is a full-featured system, complete with a Teacher Portal offering an integrated Teacher Grade Book, Standards and Skills-Based Grades, Classroom Attendance and Discipline, and easy access to student and parent data.
• The MMS Parent & Student Portals keep everyone involved and informed on a real-time basis, from home, or anywhere Internet access is available.
• Administrators and staff enjoy a powerful set of tools to handle everything from data collection and reporting, to flexible scheduling, grade reporting, discipline management, health records, and much more.
More MMS Advantages:
Fully scalable SQL system for single schools or entire districts
Centralized, single installation, single database
Hosted on your servers or in our data center
Utilizing the latest Virtual Machine Technology or our MMS OnLine (SaaS) plan—whichever fits your budget and needs
Options for Cafeteria/Free & Reduced Management, Emergency Notification, Visitor/Security Management